Thursday 11 December 2014

Our Toys are Good to Go! : The CE-E Robot

This isn't a song about a robot... it's a song by a robot.

In fact it's best described as a Public Information Film and it's perfect for this time of year. I'm sure lots of you are immersed in buying your kidbots far too many Christmas prezzies, but I sincerely hope that you're also paying attention to the current safety standards. "What safety standards?" I hear you holler. Well, the CE-E robot explains it far more eloquently than I can.




If that was a proper Public Information Film from the 70s... it wouldn't be quite so entertaining. Instead of a little robot dancing and singing, it'd have some scary celebrity narrating over some deeply depressing background music accompanying images of children stabbing each other in the face with the nails that hold their dolls together, or puncturing their sibling's lungs with a knock-off Action Man bolt thrower, or scattering bits of a former toddler all over the carpet and curtains with a cheap copy of a Fisher Price lawn mower... I was so busy dancing to the CE-E Robot song that I don't think the message really got through ...why can't they make Public Information Films like they used to?

Play safe & stay safe... I'll be back on Xmas day with a 101 Songs About Robots Christmas Special!


No comments:

Post a Comment