Sunday 28 September 2014

Bertha : BBC TV Theme

I remember thoroughly enjoying watching Bertha when I was younger, however on realising that it was first broadcast in 1985, I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I'll have been 15 or 16 years old at the time! Still, one is never too old to appreciate the charm of stop motion animation... that's my excuse anyway,  and I'm sticking to it!

The series was produced by Woodland Animations, narrated by Roy Kinnear, with the music and lyrics written by Bryan Daly. Bertha's theme song is sung by Guy Fletcher, who co-wrote The Hollies 1970 hit I Can't Tell The Bottom From The Top and Cliff Richard's 1973 Eurovision Song Contest entry Power To All Our Friends. But enough inane trivia, it's the song that matters, and here it is...






[easter egg]
As an extra treat, here's the first episode of Bertha which includes another robot song titled T.O.M. the Robot, also penned by Bryan Daly, and I assume is sung by Sheila Walker, who provided voices along with Roy Kinnear





No comments:

Post a Comment